Almost anything can help! Both new and used items can make a difference in our community.
With three thrift stores to keep stocked, the Samaritan Center is always in need of gently-used items. Whether it’s an old couch, a pair of blue jeans, or even an old vehicle (running or not), we can turn it into cash that will help others. As long as it is not hazardous materials or trash, bring it to our donation area behind Ace Hardware! If you have any questions about the items you have or if you need someone to pick up larger items, give us a call at 423-238-7777 ext. 21 or send an e-mail.
The Samaritan Center also recycles a number of things for cash: cardboard, metal, televisions, etc. Contact us for questions about specific items.
Gifts for Jesus
About 2000 years ago, wise men known as magi traveled thousands of miles in search of a king. When they found him, they joyfully offered him the gifts they had carried through their long journey.
Although that king – Jesus – no longer occupies a cradle on this earth, we can still offer him gifts today by ministering to the needs we see in the community around us. That’s where the Samaritan Center’s Gifts for Jesus pogram comes in.
To participate in Gifts for Jesus, churches and community participants are invited to donate new items that can’t be bought with food stamps, such as personal care products and home cleaning supplies. Laundry detergent, dish detergent, and toilet parper some of our community’s most consistent needs.
To find out more about how you can participate in the Gifts for Jesus program, contact the Center at 423.238.7777.
6017 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road
Ooltewah, TN 37363
Donation Dock Hours**
Sunday • 12-5pm
Monday-Thursday • 8am-5pm
Friday • 9am-3pm
Saturday • Closed
** Donations received outside of these hours are not eligible for a tax receipt.
*Due to safety issues and other concerns, the Samaritan Center cannot accept the following items:
- Furniture in poor condition or in need of repair
- Bathroom fixtures in poor repair (toilets, bathtubs, sinks, etc.)
- Console TVs
- Guns, ammunition or explosives
- CPAP machines
- Automobile parts (tires, batteries, etc.)
- Above ground pools/Hot tubs
- Wall-to-wall carpet, padding or outdoor carpet
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any hazardous materials (paints, fuels, lubricants, chemicals, insecticides, poisons, etc.)
- Children’s playground equipment (swing sets, sand boxes, monkey bars, etc.)
- Unframed mirrors
- Modular office partitions
- Any items recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov)
Thank you for respecting our policy and blessing those in need in our community through your donations.