If you need disaster recovery assistance, call 423-238-7777 to set up an appointment with a caseworker.
The Samaritan Center provides emergency assistance for low income families and individuals in Eastern Hamilton County, supplementing their income by providing food, personal care items, and other necessities. Assistance is available by appointment for those who live in our service area and provide documentation of need.
The Samaritan Center provides emergency assistance for low income families in Eastern Hamilton County by providing:
- Help with utilities, rent, or life-sustaining medications
- Food through our Community Food Pantry
- Clothing, furniture, and household items through our thrift stores
- Personal care products such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste, that cannot be purchased with food stamps
- Layettes filled with necessities for newborns
- School supplies for children
- Much, much more!
Our case workers also network with other area agencies in making referrals for assistance and to ensure that assistance is provided to individuals with true need.
If you need help, call 423.238.7777 to make an appointment. If you do not live within our service area or you need immediate assistance when the Center is closed, call 211 or 423.265.8000.
You will need to bring the following documentation:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Residency
- All Bills and Expenses
- Proof of Income - at least three check stubs
- Social Security Card(s)
- Recent Bank Statement
If you need assistance with school supplies through Stock Their Lockers, you must also bring:
- Proof of residence in Hamilton County
- Your child's Social Security Card
- Your child's school supply list
You may also drop by our office to see our job board, which is updated weekly. It includes information about jobs available in the surrounding area, and you may find something that will be useful in your search.